A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families..... Psalms 68:5-6

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Unbelievable

I almost need to pinch myself to make sure this is real, but as far as I can tell it is:-) We FINALLY got Desi's Social Security Card!!!! That's the last of it. We have her Certificate of Citizenship and I successfully proved to the SS office that all of our documents were authentic, so it appears after 4 LONG months of waiting, numerous trips to multiple SS offices, a trip to meet with an immigration officer in Memphis, countless phone calls to Jon Boozman's (U.S. Senator) office and PRAYER, the U.S. has finally recognized that Desi is a real U.S. Citizen and worthy of a SS# :-) Whew!! I now know way more than I ever wanted to about this stuff but maybe I'll be able to help another adoptive parent in the future that might be dealing with these issues!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment