A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families..... Psalms 68:5-6

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

SS# and COC Update

I am so far behind updating this blog....sigh:::::

On March 10th I went to the post office because they had a package for me that required my signature. Stupid me had no idea what it was....duh!!!! It was Desi's NEW Certificate of Citizenship!!!!! Praise Jesus!!!! We didn't even have to wait the whole month because some precious person in Texas actually processed it FAST:-) Desi and I went to the Social Security office as soon as we could get there and I am STILL having trouble processing what happened next.

Here we are with ALL the required documents in hand, ready to finally get her a SS#. Happy, happy, joy, joy , , , , NOT!!!!! They "carefully" look everything over, take copies and then they hit us with the NEWS. The lady ever so nicely tells us that because of all the problems we've had, they are going to have our adoption documents TRANSLATED to make sure we're telling the truth:-( I kid you not. This is even AFTER I gave her the original adoption certificate, the one in Mandarin AND the one translated into English. I said fine, go ahead and have them translated, but I'm NOT paying for it!!!!! She said they would pay to have them translated by someone in the state that is fluent in Mandarin and we should hear from them in about a month. Whatever!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that I can say with all honesty that I absolutely DESPISE these people:-( After ALL the crap we've been through and now this. What a mess......

No comments:

Post a Comment