A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families..... Psalms 68:5-6

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Have you ever....

wanted something SO badly that you just hurt? That's kind of how I've been feeling lately. Desi has come such a long way from the scared, quiet little girl I brought home two months ago. She is happy and settled, learning English at lightening speed, eating everything in sight.....really she's just doing remarkable for only being home for two months.

BUT, (you knew this was coming) she still is not receiving/giving much physical affection:-( She will allow me to kiss and hug her at bedtime with little or no rejection (HUGE YEA!!!!!) and comes to me to receive kisses on her boo boo's, but that's about it. I want SOOOOO badly to snuggle with her and have her fall asleep while I rock her, but that just ain't happenin'. Well, not yet anyway. I keep trying, but just imagine trying to snuggle a two-by-four. She is seriously as stiff as a board and you can tell she does NOT want me in her space:-( Even when I carry her, she hasn't yet learned to spread her legs and hang on. It's like carrying dead weight.

Hoping and praying that one day soon she will let me in completely. I want so badly for her to "feel" my love instead of just hearing me tell her that I love her. Hugs and kisses are a way of life around here. We just need her to figure this out and be ok with it:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment